Almond Burfi or Badam Burfi delicious indian sweet made with almonds, condensed milk and saffron.
- 2 cups or 200 gm ground almond powder (badam powdered)
- 1 cup or 250 ml water
- 2 cups or 400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp pure ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- ½ teaspoon saffron powder or yellow food colour
- whole almonds for garnishing
- Grease a shallow 6×6 inch pan/tin with ghee.
- Mix ground Almond powder and Water in non-stick pan and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk, sugar and Ghee and place over medium heat and stir for 20 minutes until the almond mixture pulls from the pan and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add Saffron, cardamom powder and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, pour it into the prepared greased pan, smoothen surface of the mixture.
- After 20-25 minutes cut into 1 inch squares using a knife or pastry cutter.
- Decorate with Almonds.
Note :- You can also serve this as Badam Halwa/Almond Halwa without setting in a greased pan.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)