- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- Carrots and Beans
- 1 big Onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 inch Cinnamon (dalchini)
- 3-4 Green Cardamom(elaichi) slightly opened
- 4-5 peppercorns (sabut kali mirch)
- 1 Bay leaf (Tej patta)
- 1 tsp black cumin (Shahijeera)
- Salt to taste
- 2 -3 tbsp oil/Ghee
- For Garnish
- Fried cashews 8-10 (optional)
- Crispy fried brown onion 2 tbsp (optional)
- Wash and soak Basmati rice in water for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil / ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add shahi jeera and let it crackle.
- Add Tej Patta, elaichi, dalchini and fry them for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and fry until they become brown and then add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Be careful to not over fry the onions.
- Add drained basmati rice and fry well for 3-4 minutes stirring gently.Add vegetables.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and let it come to a boil, simmer for 8-10 mins or till water evaporates and little water is left. Cover and cook until done.
- Garnish with Brown fried onions and fried cashews(optional).
- Serve with Dal Gosht or any curry of your choice.
(Visited 325 times, 1 visits today)