- 1 large Brinjal (eggplant / baigan)
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed Garlic
- 2 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring Onion finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Apply some oil over the surface of eggplant. Place it on a burner. Roast it on direct flame.
- When the skin of eggplant turns black and starts to separate from inner layer on one side, turn it on other side.
- Keep turning the eggplant to cook it evenly. When whole surface turns black , flaky and eggplant becomes soft, turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.Dip in cold water , Peel charred skin.cut the stem.
- Cut the flash with a knife and Mash the flesh using spatula , keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Add Zeera and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and chopped green chillies.sute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion and saute until it turns light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Mix mashed eggplant and salt . cook over medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Spring onion and cook for a minute.
- Turn off flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti/Bhakri/Rice and Dal.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)