Hot and spicy Mutton Curry cooked with tomatoes and yogurt served with Naan.
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Onion (pyaaz) big sized 1
- Tomatoes 4 medium sized, chopped
- Yogurt, beaten 100 gm or 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Ginger 1 inch piece julienne
- Cumin seed (zeera) 1 tsp
- Whole coriander (sabut dhaniya) 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- All spice powder(Garam Masala) 1 tsp
- Black pepper (kali mirch) freshly grounded 1 tsp
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Green chillies (hari mirch) 3-4, slit lengthwise
- Coriander leaves(hara dhaniya) chopped 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare Balti Mutton Gosht:
- Dry roast and grind Cumin seeds, coriander seeds into fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan / Kadhai and fry onion for 2-3 minutes or till onion turns transparent.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste fry for 2-3 mins.
- Put mutton and fry for 4-5 mins, stirring continuously.
- Add 2 cups water, Cover with a lid and let it cook on low flame until Mutton becomes tender.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder and cook for 7-8 minutes or until tomatoes become soft.
- Add freshly grounded black pepper, salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Cook on high heat until mutton reaches semi-dry consistency and oil separates.
- Add cumin-coriander powder, green chillies, all spice powder (garam masala powder) and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with ginger julienne and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Naan/Roti/Plain Rice.
You can replace Mutton with Chicken and follow rest of the recipe.
(Visited 91 times, 1 visits today)