- Whole chicken – 1 cut into 8 pieces OR Chicken legs cut into two
- Chilli powder – 3 tbs
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1tsp
- Salt as needed
- Ginger paste – 2tbs
- Garlic paste – 2 tbs
- Lemon juice – from one lemon
- Curd (yogurt) – 3 tbs
- Coriander leaves few
- Curry leaves few
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
- Wash chicken pieces well and drain water.
- Make some cuts on the flesh so that chicken can absorb the masala well.
- Grind the coriander leaves and curry leaves along with the ginger and garlic.
Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl. Add enough salt.
- Apply the masala on the chicken pieces well, into the cuts also. Keep the marinated chicken for about 8 to 10 hours, so that masala will get well on chicken pieces.
- Prepare a barbecue grill in the outdoor. Place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook until done by turning the sides in between.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking, just brush up the barbecue sauce on the pieces. This adds the taste of sauce and give glaze to chicken.
- Serve with grilled onion and tomato.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)