- 8-10 medium sized potatoes
- 8-10 cloves of garlic (lasun)
- 4-5 green chillies (hari mirch) or as per your taste
- 4-5 tsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
- Salt to taste
- oil 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (Jeera)
- a pinch of asafeotida (Hing)
- 7-8 curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder(Haldi)
- 1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup water or as needed based on consistency
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Baking Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp hot oil
- 1-2 cups oil for frying
- 6-8 Pav or Buns
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- In a grinder make a paste of garlic, green chillies, fresh coriander, salt and lemon juice.
- Add the paste to the potato mixture.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Once they splutter, add the tadka to the potato mixture.
- Make round balls of the mixture with hand.
For the Batter :
- Mix the gram flour and water (medium thick consistency not very thin).
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, baking powder , salt and 2 tsp hot oil.
- Keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai. Dip the Potato Balls in the gram flour batter and Coat.
- Once the oil is hot, Keep it on medium heat and once you drop the vada inside lower the heat a bit.
- Deep fry the Batata Vadas until golden yellow.
- Remove on a absorbent paper.Cut the pav in half and Place the Vada in between.
- Serve hot with fried green chillies and Dry Red Chutney.
For Dry Red Chutney :
- 1 cup Lightly Roasted dry coconut powder (Khopra)
- 5 cloves garlic (lasun)
- 2 tsp red chilli powder or 4-5 whole red-chillies fried in oil
- 4-5 tsp of Roasted sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (zeera)
- a pinch of hing
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- salt to taste
Grind all the above ingredients in a coarse powder.Serve with Batata wada.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)