Learn how to make Besan Ladoo recipe for festive occasions.step by step and easy to make recipe.
- 1/2 cup melted Pure ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 1/2 cups besan (chickpea or gram flour)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, or cashew halves, optional
- Take a large non-stick heavy bottomed Pan and add chickpea flour.
- Dry Roast the besan on low-medium heat, stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Add the melted ghee and and roast for further 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- The ladoo mixture is done when it looks golden and smells nutty.
- When the mixture is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Let it cool completely for about 30-35 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom, and mix well.
- Taste the mixture. If you want, you can add more sugar and or cardamom.
- Then gather about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in your palm of your hands, and press it to form a ball.
- If the mixture is too dry and wont form balls, or if the balls crack or dont hold together, you need to add more melted ghee.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Now try to form balls again.
- If its still too dry, add another teaspoon of melted ghee and mix well.
- Keep doing this till you can form the mixture into balls (laddoo).
- Make sure you don’t add so much ghee that the laddoos become oily.
- Garnish with chopped Almonds or cashews and store in an airtight container.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)