Murgh Makhani handi or Butter chicken recipe-marinated chicken cubes cooked in a rich and creamy gravy is a popular north indian dish.
- 500 grams Boneless chicken slices
- 100 grams Butter
- 200 gm Hung Curd
- 4 tbsp Cashew nut paste
- 1/2 tsp Black Cumin seeds (shahi Zeera)
- 100 ml Fresh cream
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 sliced Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tsp kashmiri chili powder (put as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Salt ( as per your taste)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 200 grams Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Orange tandoori food colour 1/4 tsp (optional)
- 1 tsp Crushed fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- Cut chicken into cubes and apply hung curd, ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli-powder (1 tsp), garam masala powder and marinate for about 3-4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Roast the marinated chicken pieces in tandoor or an oven for 6-7 minutes.
- If cooking on stove top, you can shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces in oil and keep aside.
- Heat butter add black cumin seeds, saute for 30 seconds..
- Add tomato Puree and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cashew paste, fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder (1 tsp) and green chillies.
- Fry stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook on a low heat till everything is mashed up.
- Add chicken, sugar, orange food colour, cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add fresh cream, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and little bit of Fresh Cream and enjoy with Garlic butter naan, hot chapatis, parathas or Steamed Rice.
Tip:- To get the authentic “Smokey Chicken” flavour replace fried marinated Chicken with Tandoori chicken from the Tandoor.