Hot and Spicy Chettinad Chicken dry recipe-Chicken marinated with spices and shallow fried until crisp.
- Chicken 500 gm
- Onion chopped 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Green chillies 2
- Dry whole red chillies 3-4
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Peppercorns 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves 10-12
- oil 4-5 tbsp
- Food colour 1/4 tsp (optional)
- salt to taste
- Dry Roast Whole red chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, peppercorns and grind into fine powder.
- Make slits on chicken pieces.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Mix the grounded masala paste with rice flour, turmeric, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Apply the masala mixture on chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Remove 30 minutes before cooking, add powdered masala and food colour (if using).
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai , add marinated chicken pieces, curry leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes on both the side to seal the masala.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning in between.
- Sprinkle a little water if chicken becomes dry.
- Increase the heat to high and fry for 4-5 minutes until chicken is crisp and golden brown.
(Visited 51 times, 2 visits today)