Chicken Changezi is a very popular dish of delhi made with fried chicken in a rich gravy of milk, cream and cashews.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Onion 3 big sized (finely sliced)
- Cashews 15-20 (soaked in warm water for 15 mins)
- Clarified butter/ pure ghee/oil 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes 3 finely chopped
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Cream 1/4 cup
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Ginger Julienne 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Green chillies 2-3 slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and deep fry sliced onion until brown and crispy.
- Remove the fried onion from ghee/oil and keep aside.
- Grind the fried onions and cashews with 1/2 cup water in a grinder to make a thick paste.
- Add chicken pieces in the ghee/oil and fry for 7-8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oil/ghee and keep them aside.
- In a small bowl mix ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala powder with 1/4 cup water.
- In the remaining oil add the prepared masala mixture to the ghee. Fry for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and roast until tomatoes turn tender.
- Add milk and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add fried chicken pieces with 1 cup water, mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 12-15 minutes or until chicken becomes tender.
- Add the cashew-onion paste, chaat masala, salt and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add cream, green chillies, lemon juice and stir.
- Garnish with green chillies, ginger pieces, fresh coriander leaves and cream.
- Serve hot with Roti/ Naan/ Garlic Butter Naan/ Rice.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)