- Chicken 1 kg
- Chickpeas Soaked overnight and boiled 250 gm
- Yogurt 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Onion medium size 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper freshly grounded 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder (Jaifal) a pinch
- Mace powder (jawitri) a pinch
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Ghee/oil 4-5 tbsp
- Water 3/4 cup
- Fresh coriander(hara Dhaniya) for garnish
- Boil onion for 5-6 minutes, let it cool and grind it in to a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add onion paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add beaten yogurt and water.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or till chicken becomes partially tender.
- Add boiled chickpeas, black pepper powder,nutmeg powder, mace powder, garam masala powder and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until oil floats on top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with Naan/poori/Roti/Rice
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)