Spicy, Tasty and Easy Chicken Handi /Murgh handi Recipe-Chicken cooked in a creamy and tomato based gravy.
- Chicken 500 gm cut in pieces (Boneless or with Bone)
- Onion 2 medium (sliced)
- Tomato 3 medium sized whole
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry fenugreek (kasuri methi) 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Fresh cream 100g
- Yogurt 1/4 cup beaten
- Salt to taste
- Green coriander (Hara Dhaniya) for garnish
- Oil / Pure ghee or Butter 4 tbsp
- Blanch tomato for 2 minutes in hot water, remove skin and puree without water.
- Heat up oil in pan Add Chicken pieces and fry chicken on high flame until it turns white color.
- Remove from oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry onion until brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices, salt, dry fenugreek and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato puree and fry for 4-5 minutes or until oil floats on top.
- Add Chicken pieces beaten yogurt cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken becomes tender.
- Lastly Add Fresh Cream and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green coriander. Serve hot with Roti/Garlic Butter Naan/Rice.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)