Delicious Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe made with Boneless chicken flavoured with spices and rolled in a wrap.
Wheat flour (Atta) 2 cups
All purpose flour (Maida) 1/4 cup
Curd 2 tbsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
oil/ghee as needed
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Boneless Chicken 250 gms cut in thin strips
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Green chillies 2 finely chopped (optional)
- Onion 2 finely sliced
- Capsicum (shimla mirch) 1 (cut in tiny cubes)
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) 1/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg powder (jaiphal powder) a pinch
- Pepper powder (kali mirch powder) 1/4 tsp
- Curd 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice (nimbu ka ras) 1 tbsp
- oil 5-6 tbsp
- eggs 4
- Coriander leaves chopped (hara dhaniya) 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Green Chutney as required
For the Roll/Wrap
- Mix the Wheat flour, All purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add Curd and little water gradually knead to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film or wet muslin cloth and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out Roti or Parathas applying oil/ghee and keep aside.
For the Filling
- Marinate the chicken strips with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt to taste for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry marinated chicken on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add curd and nutmeg powder and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add sliced onion, capsicum, green chillies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken to the onion and capsicum mix well.
- Add Lemon juice and coriander leaves mix well.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
Assembling Chicken Kathi Roll
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat Tawa (Griddle) add oil and pour egg mixture on the tawa.
- Place Roti/Paratha on top of omelette , rotate and press so that the Roti/Paratha stick to the egg.
- Apply oil/ghee on Roti/Paratha and Insert a flat spoon underneath the egg and turn it on the other side.
- Cook until paratha is crisp and omelette is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the chicken filling in the centre on the omelette and add some Green chutney and onion rings.
- Roll the Kathi Roll firmly and wrap a tissue/aluminium foil.
- Serve Hot.
Note :- you can use leftover Paratha/Roti also for making this roll.