Chicken Seekh Kabab made with Minced chicken marinated with spices and Nuts prepared in a Tandoor, oven or in a grill pan on stovetop.
- Chicken mince 500 gms
- Onions 1 small, finely chopped
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Grams (chana) 1 tbsp, peeled and roasted
- Freshly grounded Pepper powder (kali mirch powder) 1/4 tsp
- Poppy seeds (khus khus) 1 tbsp roasted
- Cashew nuts (kaju) 8-10
- Ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun) 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander (Hara dhaniya) 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Fresh Mint (Pudina) 4 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chillies 2, finely chopped
- Corn flour 1 tbsp
- egg 1
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Butter/Oil as needed
- Grind the Peeled and roasted Gram, poppy seeds and cashews into a fine powder.
- Add to the chicken mince along with onion, garam masala powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, poppy seeds-Grams-cashew powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and salt.
- Blend/grind for 1-2 minutes to a fine consistency or until well combined.
- Add egg, cornflour, mix well and Let the chicken Mince marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Wet your hand with water and Make seekh kabab by molding some mince around a skewer about 4-5 inches in length.
- BBQ or Roast in a moderately hot tandoor (clay oven) or charcoal grill for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown in colour.
- Keep turning the sides of the skewers.
- Alternatively, you can also cook the Kababs in a preheated oven at 200°C for 9-10 minutes.
- Turn the kababs in between, basting with oil/butter.
- You can also Barbeque on a gas stove and brush with a little oil/butter.
- You can also Shallow fry in hot oil on medium-high heat until turns into golden brown in color.
- Alternatively, you can Cook the kebabs on a grill pan on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until completely cooked through. While cooking, keep basting the kebabs with butter/oil.
- Remove from skewers, brush with butter and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Serve hot with FrenchFries/Greenchutney/PitaBread/Naan/Lachha paratha.
Note :- If using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for 20 minutes. Keep the wooden skewers on a Paper towel to remove excess water and put the chicken Mince on the skewers.
To give Smoky Flavour to kabab, Burn 2 pieces of charcoal and keep on a roti/bread on the cooked kabab.Pour 1 tbsp oil/ghee/butter on the burned coal and cover tightly for 2-3 minutes.