Chicken Shawarma recipe, delicious quick meal made with thin chicken strips wrapped in Pita bread with Tahini sauce.
- Chicken ½ kg (boneless)
For the Marination
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- White pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
- Vinegar 3 tbsp
- All spice powder (garam masala) 1/2 tsp
- Paprika or Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder a pinch
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Yogurt 3 tbsp
- Pita bread (click here for recipe) 8 small or 4 large
- Onion slice as required
- Salad leaves as required
- Tomatoes chopped 1 (optional)
- Cucumber Pickle(optional)
- French Fries (optional)
- Tahini(sesame paste) 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
- Cut boneless chicken into 2 inch thin strips.
- Marinate the chicken strips with all the ingredients for marination overnight or at least for 2-3 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in frying pan, add marinated chicken and fry for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Place fried chicken over pita bread.
- Add tahini sauce, onion, tomatoes and salad leaves and fold it.
- Serve with tahini sauce, cucumber pickles and french fries.
- Add tahini(Sesame Seeds Paste) yogurt, crushed garlic and salt in blender and blend well.
- For Tahini recipe click here Tahini sauce.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)