Easy to cook Tahari recipe is made with Rice, Chicken or Mutton and vegetables. Spicy Tahari is a great substitute for Biryani.
- Chicken 500 gms
- Rice 2 cups
- Onion 3
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder(lal mirch) 2 tbsp
- Salt To taste
- Turmeric Powder (haldi) 1 tbsp
- Yogurt (dahi) 1 cup
- Tomato 2 medium size chopped finely
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) 4-5 slit lengthwise
- Cumin Seeds (sabut zeera) 1 tbsp
- All spice powder (Garam Masala powder) 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes(cut in cubes) 2
- Onions (crispy fried browned) 2 tbsp
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Fried cashews 2 tbsp (optional)
- Yellow Food Colour 2 Pinch
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya) for garnish
- Heat oil add cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute add onions and fry until brown.
- Add chicken and fry till chicken turns white colour, approx. for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, tomatoes and yogurt.
- Fry till oil separates or for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover and cook Chicken for 15 minutes or until half done.
- Add potatoes and green chillies mix well.
- Now add rice and 5 cups water.
- Cook rice on high flame and bring to boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until water evaporates, and little water is left add food colour.
- Cover and simmer on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, fried cashews and brown crispy fried onions.
- Serve with Kachumber Raita / salad.
Note:-You can use Mutton in Place of Chicken.
(Visited 151 times, 1 visits today)