Delicious, Spicy and Aromatic Chicken Tikka or Tandoori Chicken Biryani Recipe. A must try Biryani recipe for all the food lovers.
For the chicken Tikka
- Chicken (boneless or with bones)1 kg
- Vinegar 4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder (lal mirch)1 tbsp
- All spice powder (garam masala) 1 tsp
- Yogurt 150 gm or 1 cup (beaten)
- Tandoori masala 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Orange food colour 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1.5 tsp or to taste
- Oil 6-7 tbsp
For the Rice :
- Basmati Rice 750 gm
- Whole spice 1 tbsp (cinnamon,cardamom,black pepper)
- Salt to taste
- Orange/Yellow Food color 1/4 tsp
For the Masala:
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions 2 (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes 4 (finely chopped)
For smoky flavour
- Coal 2-3 pieces
- Bread/Roti 1
- Oil/ghee 2 tbsp
- Melted ghee 1/4 cup (for assembling biryani)
For Chicken Tikka :
- Marinate chicken with vinegar and salt for 30 minutes
- In the Chicken add Yogurt , red chilli powder, all spice powder, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, tandoori masala powder and orange food colour marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Cooking Chicken Tikka on Stovetop:
- Heat oil in a pan , add marinated chicken mixture, fry for 6-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Cover and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes on low heat until it is half cooked.
- Place a burning coal in the center of the pan on aluminium foil or bread.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp oil on the coal, immediately cover tightly and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread and coal from chicken tikka mixture.
Roasting Chicken Tikka in an oven:
- If roasting, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C .
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, brush with oil/butter, and cook, turning once, 25 to 30 minutes until the juices run clear.
For the Masala :
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till they become golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt to taste and fry well for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep aside.
For the Rice :
- Wash Rice and Let it soak for 15 minutes.
- While your rice is soaking, put water, double the volume of dry rice(for 1 cup rice 2 cups water) into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp whole spices(Garam Masala) and salt to taste in the water.
- Drain water completely from the soaked.
- Add the drained rice to boiling water.
- Bring the water back up to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Allow to cook exactly 6 to 7 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Check the rice if it is half done turn off the heat and immediately strain water from the rice.
- The rice is now partially done.
For the Biryani :
- Layer half the Rice in a Thick bottomed pan add a layer of Masala mixture and Chicken Tikka.
- Spread the remaining rice on the top layer.
- Top with orange/yellow food Color, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup melted ghee.
- Cover with a tight lid and put a Tawa (griddle) underneath the pan on gas stove.
- Cook on hight heat for 10 mins and on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix well.
- Serve hot with Boondi Raita/Kachumber.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)