- 500 gm chicken
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 2 large onions
- 2-3 Whole Red chilies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 cup vinegar (sirka)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 inch piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 1/2 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 5 green cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methidana)
- 6 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 bay leaf (Tej patta)
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
For making dry Masala
- Dry Roast cumin seeds, black peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, dry whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds, cloves and cardamoms in a pan until aromatic and keep aside to cool.
- When cool grind to a fine powder in a grinder.
- Marinate the chicken in Vinegar, turmeric, Red chilli powder, Dry masala powder, ginger garlic paste and salt for 3-4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove marinated chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
For Making Curry
- Heat oil in a pan add Bay leaf and sliced onions.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes, until onion turns soft.
- Remove the onions from the pan into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the ginger garlic paste, fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauted onion, potatoes, water, salt and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender and the gravy becomes thick.
- Keep stirring in between to make sure it doesn’t stick or burn.
- Turn off the heat. Serve hot with Steamed Rice/Roti.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)