- 325 gms plain chocolate cake covering (unsweetened chocolate)
- 275 gms white butter at room temperature
- 175 gms caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 175 gms All Purpose flour
- 50 gms ground rice (rice flour)
- 10 ml / 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 gms flaked almonds
- 100 gms icing sugar
- 10-15 ml coffee essence
- Toasted almonds, half dipped in melted chocolate, to decorate
- Line a 9 inch round cake tin with buttered grease proof paper.
- Warm half the cake covering in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk 225 gms butter and castor sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, keeping the mixture stiff.
- Slowly beat in the flour with ground rice, vanilla essence and flaked almonds and the cool, (but still liquid) chocolate cake covering.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in oven at 180°C / 350°F, mark 4 for 50-55 minutes. Cool in the tin for 30 mins before turning out.
- Melt the remaining chocolate cake covering and coat the top and sides of the cake.
- Whisk the remaining butter in a bowl, beat in sifted icing sugar and coffee essence.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe around the cake top (You can pipe design as per your choice). Decorate with toasted almonds.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)