Delicious sweet Coconut stuffed Samosa recipe dipped in sugar syrup.
- Dry coconut powder 1 cup
- Sugar 3-4 tbsp
- Condensed milk 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) 1/2 tsp
- Samosa roll sheets(Readymade) as required
- Chopped cashew nuts (kaju) 1 tbsp
- Raisins (kishmish) 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 cup
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 4-5 green cardamom (chhoti elaichi)
- few strands of saffron
For sugar syrup:
- To make the hot sugar syrup, take a deep pan, mix the 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water. (ratio is 1 part of sugar to 2 parts of water) and bring to a boil.
- Add 4-5 cardamom pods (crushed) and saffron.
- Mix with a spoon until all the sugar is dissolved in water. Boil the syrup and then simmer to reduce the water by half.
- Check the consistency by pouring a little syrup from the ladle. Clear the syrup by removing the scum formed on the top and transfer the hot syrup into a serving dish.
For Stuffing :
- In a bowl mix coconut , sugar ,condensed milk,cashew nuts ,raisins, and cardamom powder.
- Now fill this mixture in samosa sheets and make samosas.Seal the samosas with flour batter.
For sealing the Samosas :
- Make a batter with 2 tbsp flour (Aata) and water.cook until thick.
- Heat oil and fry these samosas.
- Once lightly browned take out, and serve.
Coating in sugar syrup:
- After frying, dip the fried samosas immediately in the sugar syrup (use a strainer) to ensure even coating on all sides.
- Remove from sugar syrup and refrigerate. Serve cold / warm as per taste.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)