- Corn kernels 200 gm (fresh makai/bhutta dana)
- Milk 200 gm
- Sugar 200 gm
- Pure Ghee (clarified butter) 100 gm
- Cardamom powder(elaichi powder) 1/4 tsp
- Water 180 ml
- Saffron 4-5 threads (optional)
- Almonds/cashews 2 tbsp
- Mawa/Khoya(milk solids) 100 gm
- Wash the Makai dana (corn).
- Drain and grind it coarsely using very little water and Keep aside.
For making Sugar Syrup
- Boil water, add sugar and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or till it is reduced to one string consistency.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp hot milk.
- Crumble mawa/khoya into fine granules.
- Soak Almonds/cashews in boiling water for 10 min.
- Cool, peel and slice them and keep side for garnishing.
- Heat ghee in thick-bottomed kadai/pan and add the Makai(corn) paste.
- Cook over low flame with constant stirring, until the Makai(corn) turns brown.
- Add sugar syrup and saffron milk.
- Add crumbled mawa/khoya/milk solids, cardamom powder and cook for 7-8 minutes stirring continuously till it dissolves.
- Corn Halwa is ready. Garnish with sliced almonds/cashews and serve hot.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)