- Tuar/Arhar Dal 1 cup
- Tomato chopped finely 1 big
- Onion chopped finely 1 medium size
- Green chili 3 – 4 slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- Garlic cloves Crushed and cut 4-5
- Cumin (zeera) 1 tsp
- Red chili powder (lal mirch) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi)1 tsp
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder) 1 tsp
- All spice powder(garam masala) 1/2 tsp
For Tempering (Tadka) :
- Oil/Ghee 2 tbsp
- Whole Red Chillies (sabut lal mirch) 2-3
- Cumin seeds (zeera) 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder (Lal mirch) 1/4 tsp
- coriander leaves (Hara Dhaniya) for garnishing
- Soak Tuar dal for 30 minutes in 3 cups water.
- Add turmeric, salt, 1 tsp oil and then boil it in a pressure cooker up to 4 whistles or until tender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and fry for a minute, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and fry until light brown,
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies and fry for 2-3 minutes. keep stirring.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and 2 tbsp water, fry till the oil separates.
- Finally, add boiled Dal and Mix well.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
For Tadka :
- Heat oil and fry whole Red chillies for 30 seconds. Add Cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder, mix well and temper the dal.
- Garnish with Fresh Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Plain / Jeera Rice.
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)