Authentic Maharashtrian Fish Koliwada recipe, Spicy batter coated crispy fried Fish Restaurant Style.
- 500 gm Fish cut in pieces (surmai/Rawas/pomfret/salmon/Bhetki)
- 2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour (Maida) or Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp sooji/rava
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 Tandoori Food colour
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder (Amchoor powder) or lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp oil, for marination
- Oil, for frying
- Clean and wash thoroughly the fish and pat dry.
- In a bowl, marinate the fish with ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder lemon juice, salt and 1 tsp oil, keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add Rice flour, gram flour, sooji, yogurt, Carom seeds, chaat masala, Tandoori food colour and salt to taste in the marinated fish. Coat the fish pieces well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, maintain the temperature at medium high, to cook the fish properly from inside.
- Shallow fry the fish in batches till they turn a golden brown color on both the sides.
- Sprinkle Chat Masala and serve Hot with Green chutney.
(Visited 220 times, 1 visits today)