Fish Moong Dal is surely a delight for all the fish lovers. If you have a party at home, you can surprise your guests with a new taste of fish- Fish Moong Dal. We have given an easy Moong Daal Fish recipe. Follow the steps carefully and enjoy the Fish Moon Dal!
- 2 fish heads (preferably carp or red snapper)
- 1 cup moong dal
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- 2 cardamoms
- Salt as per taste
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 3 dry red chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4″ cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 3 black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of hing
How To Prepare Fish Moong Daal
- Take the dal, wash and soak for half an hour. Then put the dal in pressure cooker, add ½ turmeric powder and cook it for 2 whistles.
- Clean the fish head and cut it in big pieces. Mix salt, lemon juice and ½ turmeric powder and marinate the fish with this mixture.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it for frying. Deep fry the heads ofteh fish till the time they become golden brown.
- Keep them aside and remove the oil from the pan and keep only 3 tbsp of oil in it. Add black pepper, cloves, bay leaves, hing, cardamoms and red chilies.
- Now add onion to it and fry till transparent. Add garlic, green chilies and ginger. Cook it on slow flame for two minutes. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook on slow flame for 5 minutes. Add coriander powder and cumin powder to it.
- Now add fish heads and cook on slow flame till they crumble. Then put 1 cup water and add dal and 1 cup water. Boil it till you get the required curry.
- Fish Moong Daal is ready to be served. Sprinkle garam masala and serve hot with rice.