Yesterday night we had guests at home, so I happened to light the barbecue and prepare some grilled pizzas. It is an easy recipe you just need to be encouraged, probably the first ones burn or break, but as the saying goes, persevere and you will triumph.
Ingredients ( For 5 large pizzas )
For the mass
- 1 kg of flour
- 20 gr of fresh yeast
- A spoonful of fine salt
- Two spoons of olive oil
- ½ liter of warm water
For the sauce
- A can of whole peeled tomatoes
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A small spoonful of oregano
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- A garlic clove
- The first thing we do is light the fire. We must bear in mind that for this preparation we will need a soft heat , so if there is the possibility of lighting a fire separately to move the embers to the grill it will be much better.
- While the fire is being made, we begin to prepare the dough. We put the flour on the table forming a mountain where we will make a hole in the center as if it were a volcano. Have a little flour aside for everything that is sprinkle.
- In the center of the volcano put the leaven and the oil, by the edges of the volcano the salt and go adding water little by little (in this recipe we will use less water than usual to achieve a firmer mass and be able to manipulate it more easily.)
- In the center of the volcano and while we knead, the idea is to go integrating the water with the flour little by little until obtaining a bun of homogeneous mass . Knead vigorously for 5 minutes , shape the bun, sprinkle with flour, place in a bowl and cover with a cloth. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough and cut into 5 pieces , give each of them a bun shape. Place them on the table previously sprinkled with flour and separated between them so that when they rise they do not come together. Cover with a cloth and rest another 10 minutes.
- For the sauce we put everything in a container and crush it. Now comes the interesting, first we make a layer of fine embers in our barbecue, we place the grill about 30 cm high from the fire, we pass the hand and we have to feel that it does not burn us. Stir the buns with a rolling pin until you get a very thin dough disk.
- We place the pizza on the grill. When it looks golden below we turn it over, then put the sauce and add the striped mozzarella.
- If you can, it is convenient to put a lid on top of the barbecue to help the cheese melt faster. Once this is done, put the ingredients that you want.
- I made several: with mozzarella, bacon, chicken, egg … and they were great.