Hariyali Chicken Tikka is a popular starter in restaurants made with boneless chicken marinated in Mint, coriander paste and grilled.
- Boneless Chicken pieces 250 gm
- Hung Curd 3 tbsp
- Cooking Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Melted butter 2-3 tbsp
For Marination :
- Mint Leaves (pudina) 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves (hara Dhaniya) 1 cup
- Ginger (Adrak) 1 inch
- Garlic (Lasun) 5-6 cloves
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) 2-3 (can be increased or decreased as per your taste)
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice (nimbu ka ras) 1 tbsp
For Grilling :
- Charcoal 2-3
- Grind the Ingredients mentioned in for Marination section.
- Marinate the chicken with the ground green paste, Hung curd and salt preferably overnight or for at least 4-5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Apply oil on the Chicken pieces.
In the Oven:-
- Preheat the oven for 8-10 mins on 375 F or 180-220 degree C.
- Keep the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray lined in the middle layer and cook for about 15-20 mins.
- Make sure not to overcook the chicken as it will dry off the Chicken pieces.
On the stove top:-
- Take a thick bottomed Tawa(griddle).Coat it with oil and place chicken pieces.
- Flip them and cook from other side till done approx for 12-15 mins.
- Once the Chicken Tikka is cooked apply melted butter on it.
- Serve with Salad and Green Chutney or any dip of your choice.
Note:- If you want to give “Smoky” Flavor,Heat 2-3 Charcoals.put coals in a small bowl or a piece of bread on the grilled chicken.Drop 3/4 drops oil,Cover the lid tightly for 5 mins.
For Hung Curd :- Tie Plain Yogurt in a muslin cloth. Hang on a bowl or on kitchen sink for 2-3 hours. Press and remove excess water. Remove in a bowl.