Hariyali Paneer Tikka is made with Cottage Cheese Cubes marinated in the green marinade and grilled.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) 250 gms
- Hung Curd 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil 2 tbsp
For Marination :
- Mint Leaves (pudina) 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves (hara Dhaniya) 1 cup
- Ginger (Adrak) 1 inch
- Garlic (Lasun) 5-6 cloves
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) 2-3 (can be increased or decreased as per your taste)
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1 tsp
- Roasted Besan (Gram Flour) 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice (nimbu ka ras) 1 tbsp
- For Grilling :
- Charcoal 2-3
- Grind the Ingredients mentioned in Marination section.
- Marinate the Paneer with the ground green paste, curd, Garam masala powder, Chaat Masala, Roasted Besan, lemon juice, oil and salt for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking.
In the Oven:-
- Preheat the oven for 8-10 minutes on 375 Fahrenheit or 180-200 degree C.
- Keep the Paneer pieces in a tray lined in the middle layer and grill for about 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Make sure not to overcook the Paneer pieces.
On the stove top:-
- Take a thick bottomed Tawa(griddle), Coat it with oil and place Paneer pieces.
- Flip them and cook from other side till done approx for 7-8 minutes.
- You can insert toothpicks on the Paneer pieces.
- Serve with onion rings and Green Chutney or any dip of your choice.
Note:-If you want to give “Smoky” Flavour,Heat 2-3 Charcoals. put coals in a small bowl or a piece of bread on the Paneer.Drop 3/4 drops oil,Cover the lid tightly for 5 mins.