Haydari is a easy to prepare Turkish yogurt dip served with Pita bread or as an appetizer.
- 400 gm strained yoghurt (Hung curd)
- 3-4 tbsp Soft Feta (optional)
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill (shepu/Soa) / Mint (Pudina)
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder for garnishing
- Olive oil as required to drizzle
- Crumble feta into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix well with the strained yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, chopped Dill / Mint leaves.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Drizzle Olive oil on top before serving.
- Garnish with red chilli powder and mint leaves.
- Serve chilled with pita bread / toasted bread.
Note :- To make Hung Curd- Place Plain curd in the center of a muslin cloth, gather up all corners and tie a knot.
Hang the Muslin cloth bag on the Kitchen tap for 4-5 hours to strain the water from the curd.