Learn how to make lip smacking, Authentic Hyderabadi Haleem recipe. Hyderabadi Haleem is regarded as an International delicacy.
- Mutton or Lamb 1/2 kg
- Cracked Wheat (Gehu Kuta hua) 1 cup
- Yogurt 250 gms
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Gram lentil (Chana dal) 30 gms
- White Lentil (Urad dal) 60 gms
- Yellow Lentil (Moong dal) 30 gms
- Pigeon pea Lentil (Tuar/Arhar dal) 30 gms
- Clarified butter (pure ghee) 4-5 tbsp
- Green chillies 6
- Oil 1 cup
- Red chilli powder(Lal mirch) 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) 2 tsp
- All spice powder(garam masala) 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon stick(dalchini)2
- Peppercorn (kali mirch)1 tsp
- Green Cardamom(choti elaichi) 3
- Cloves(laung) 3
- Salt to taste
- Lemon as needed
- Fried Cashew nuts 6-8 (kaju)-optional
- Coriander leaves 1/4 bunch finely chopped
- Mint Leaves(pudina) few leaves chopped
- Green chilli 5 or 6 finely chopped
- Crisp fried Brown onion 2 tbsp
- Ginger Julienne 1 tbsp
- Soak wheat and all lentils in water overnight.
- Heat oil and add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste fry for a minute.
- Add meat, 1 tsp turmeric, red chili,ginger garlic paste, salt and garam masala powder mix well, cover and cook on low heat till meat becomes tender.
- Add yogurt, lemon, 3 green chillies and 1 cup water simmer on low heat till oil floats on top.
- Let it cool, shred meat, discard bones and keep aside.
- In a Pressure cooker add soaked wheat, lentils, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 3 green chilies, black peppercorn and salt to taste, bring to boil and cook until lentils and wheat becomes tender.
- Blend lentils and wheat in blender.
- In a pan heat clarified butter and crackle all whole spices (clove, cinnamon stick, cardamom)
- Add blended lentils, shredded meat and chopped Pudina.
- Mix and cook for 30-45 minutes on low heat. keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with fried cashews, pudina, green chilli, fried brown onion, ginger julienne and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Note :- Pour melted Ghee/clarified butter on the haleem before serving.
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)