Through Dhokla recipe is easy , this easy recipe of khaman Dhokla is a little different, you can prepare soft and spongy Gujarati dhokla in 20 minutes, Eno Fruit Salt has been used to make instant soft dhokla with gram flour.
To make the solution:
- 1 cup gram flour (gram flour)
- 1 tbsp spoon semolina (rava), (if you wish)
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp green chilli-ginger grated
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1 tsp Eno Powder
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 tsp oil (for lube)
- 1/2 tsp salt, (or taste)
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, (if you wish)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (mustard seed)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 green chilies, cut in length
- 1 tbsps sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut (if you wish)
- 1 pinch of asafetida
- 2 tbspn chopped coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup water
Method of making Khaman Dhokla
- To prepare Dhokla’s solution, make all the ingredients ready. Put 2-3 cups of water in the vessel and keep it warm on medium flame.
- Heat the vessel for making the Dhokla at least for 4-5 minutes. Take a pan which you want to prepare your Dhokla in,add 1-teaspoon oil in it and apply it smoothly.
- In a large bowl pour gram flour, semolina, lemon juice, green chili-ginger paste, curd, 3/4 cup water and salt. Mix well with a spoon. The solution should not be stacked.
- Now put the ENO powder in it and mix it upto one minute, the solution will almost double in quantity due to ENO powder.
- Now, put the dhokla mixture in pan we have prepared earlier.
- Put a stand in the pot to make Dhokla and keep the plate over it, let it cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes in steam.
- After 10-15 minutes, put a knife in the dhokla and see if the knife does not stick in the knife, then the dhokla has been cooked, otherwise allow it to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Turn off the gas Take out the Dhokla plate from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Cut the Dhokla into small pieces by knife.
Method of preparation of tempering for Dhokla Recipe:
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a small pan. Add Rye (mustard seed) and asafoetida When seeds start snapping, add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Put 1/3 cup of water and sugar and keep it boiling; After a boil, let it cook for one minute. Tadka is ready by putting it on the Dhokla and tossing the dhokla gently so that the tadka is well formed.
- Serve with chopped green coriander and grated coconut and serve it with Green Chutney.
To make Dhokla Recipe in pressure cooker:
- Put 1.5-2 glasses of water in a 3 or 5 liter big pressure cooker and heat it on medium flame for 5 minutes before placing a plate full of solution.
- Place in a small bowl or a stand inside the pressure cooker and put the plate filled with solution, on top of it. You can also use the Dhokla stand.
- Remove the pressure cooker whistle and close the lid. Cook on medium flame for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, open the lid and put a knife into the dhokla and check that the dhokle is cooked. If not, then let it cook for 5 minutes.
- If you are making a large amount of Dhokla then do not forget to pour water in the pressure cooker in each batch.
Tips and Hacks:
- Before placing a plate full of slurry, keep in mind that the dhokla cooking utensil should be hot (at least 4-5 minutes) otherwise, it will take more time to cook the dhokla and it will be less spongy.
- After adding these fruit salt, mix the solution thoroughly and keep it cooked immediately or else the dhokla will not be spongy
- Cook them in steam on medium flame to make them spongy. If you cook it on high flame in steam then it will remain raw from inside.
Dhokla recipe is served with green chutney , either with tea / coffee , can be served in the morning breakfast.