Methi Murgh or Methi Chicken recipe made with delicious and aromatic Chicken cooked in fresh fenugreek leaves and tomato, onion based gravy.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Ginger-garlic pastes 2 tsp
- Fresh green chilli paste 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Onions finely chopped 2
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves chopped 2 cups
- Tomatoes chopped 2 medium sized
- Oil 4-5 tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours.
For the curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and fry for 5-6 minutes or until it turns white colour.
- Add half cup water, Cover and cook on slow flame for 15-20 minutes or until chicken becomes tender.
- Add fenugreek leaves and saute for 7-8 minutes.
- Cook till the aroma of the fenugreek leaves emanates.
- Serve Hot with Roti / Naan /Rice.