Learn how to make Delicious fresh Methi with chicken in a dry curry.
- Chicken 700 gm
- Onion(finely chopped) 2 medium sized
- Green chillies 2-3 slit lengthwise
- Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomato(chopped) 2 medium sized
- Fresh Fenugreek leaves (Methi) 2 cups
- Turmeric powder (haldi) 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder (lal mirch powder) 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder (dhaniya powder) 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves 2 tsp
- Freshly grounded Black pepper (kali mirch powder) 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4-5 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, freshly grounded black pepper and salt for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion, green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes or until onion turns transparent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and roast on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kasuri methi and coriander powder with 3 tbsp water and roast on low heat for 3-4 minutes or till oil seperates.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, salt and mix well so all the masalas coat the chicken well.
- Roast the chicken on high heat stirring continuosly for 4-5 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Once the chicken releases water, increase the heat uncover and roast till the chicken is done and coated with dry masalas.
- Add fresh fenugreek leaves(methi) and cook for further 7-8 minutes stirring continuosly until the methi is well cooked.
- Serve hot with Lachha Paratha/Matar Pulao/Roti/Bagara rice.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)