Learn how to make absolutely delicious , finger licking Mutton Biryani. Step by step cooking method of Mutton Biryani.
For Marination :
- 1 kg Mutton (cut into pieces)
- 2 inch piece of Raw Papaya (Kacha Papita) grind to paste or meat tenderiser- 1 tsp
- 5 large Onions (peeled, finely sliced and fried until crisp) (or you may use ready brown onion paste)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala/All Spice Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste (Adrak)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (Lehsan)
- 1.5 cup Yogurt (beaten)
- Salt to taste
For the Rice :
- 500 grams of Basmati Rice (washed, soaked and drained)
- 1 Big Black Cardamom (Badi Ilaichi)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (Dal Cheeni)
- 4-5 Small Cardamoms (Choti Ilaichi)
- 4-5 Cloves (Loung)
- A handful of Mint Leaves/Podina chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Saffron dissolved in 4 tbsp warm milk or Orange/yellow food colour
- 1 cup Ghee or Refined Oil
- To the mutton add the beaten curd, ginger-garlic paste, raw papaya paste, chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and crushed fried onions (keep 2 tbsp fried onion aside for garnish).
- Allow the mutton to marinate in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
For the Rice
- Heat water (2 ½ times more than the rice).
- As soon as it boils, add the whole masala, rice and salt to taste.
- Cook the rice till nearly half done and then drain in the colander.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pot and put a thin layer of boiled Rice.
- Add the marinated mutton and half of the melted Ghee/oil.
- Layer with chopped pudina leaves.
- Add juice of half a lemon. Spread all the rice over this.
- Pour the remaining Ghee/oil on Rice.
- Add saffron milk (or orange/yellow food colour) and 1 cup water.
- Cover and seal the pot with Atta or tie a muslin cloth(kitchen towel) and cover with a lid.
- Make sure the steam should not escape out.
- Place over over high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat Put a Griddle(Tawa) underneath the pot and cook for another 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions.
- Serve with Kachumber or Boondi Raita.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)