Afghan style Mutton Kabuli Pulao cooked with mild spices and garnished with fried dry fruits.
- 500 gm or 4 cups Basmati Rice
- 750 gm lamb / Goat leg meat (boneless)
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 large onions (sliced and deep fried until brown and crispy)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1.5 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 inch cinnamon piece
- 1/4 tbsp whole black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 green cardamom split (choti elaichi)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2-3 tbsp melted Pure ghee / butter
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp butter/ Pure ghee
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 4 tbsp almond, chopped
- 4 tbsp pistachio, chopped
- salt to taste
- Dry roast chopped almonds and pistachios in a pan until aromatic and set aside.
- Saute carrots in butter for 2-3 minutes, drain and keep aside for garnish.
- In the same pan fry the raisins for 1 minute, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add the mutton pieces into the pot and add the cinnamon, black pepper, cumin seeds, cardamoms and garlic paste.
- Add salt to taste and saute for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add fried onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of hot water into the pot and cook for one to one and a half hours or until the meat becomes tender.
- Drain the cooked meat and separate the mutton broth/stock and pieces.
- Mix garam masala powder and cardamom powder into the mutton broth/stock.
- Boil the rice with salt separately in 2 liter water until 3/4th done.
- Drain the water from the rice and place the rice into a thick bottomed pan and pour the prepared stock over the rice.
- Add a layer of cooked meat over the rice drizzle the melted ghee / butter on top.
- Wrap the lid of the pot with a kitchen towel/muslin cloth to absorb the steam and cover the pot.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes, Simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot on a large Platter, garnish with fried carrots, raisins, almonds and pistachios.
Note :- Add more hot water to the mutton and cook for some more time, if the mutton is not cooked properly.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)