Nargisi Kofta Recipe prepared with Minced Meat Kofta stuffed with Boiled eggs in a rich gravy/curry.
For the Kofta
- 8-10 Eggs, Hard boiled
- 500 gm Lamb/Beef /Chicken Mince
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp gram flour (Besan)
- 2- 3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1/4 bunch
- Mint Leaves (finely chopped) 1/4 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the Gravy
- 2 Onions (grind to paste)
- 2-3 tbsp Almond/cashew paste
- 5 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt beaten
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 2-3 Cloves (laung)
- 2-3 Green Cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 5-6 Black Peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 tsp black cumin (Shah Zeera)
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves, chopped almonds/cashews for garnish
For the Nargisi Koftas :
Boil and peel the Eggs and keep aside.
- Wash mutton mince and drain thoroughly.
- In a Grinder/ Blender add raw minced meat, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, green chilli, Garam masala powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves and grind until smooth.
- Add gramflour for binding and mix well.
- Make equal sized portions from the meat mixture.
- Grease your palms with oil and take one portion of meat and flatten the meat in your palm like a cutlet.
- Put a hard boiled egg in the center and wrap the meat tightly around it in the shape of kofta.
- Repeat with the rest of the eggs and meat. If possible, refrigerate the koftas for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick pan add oil at medium heat.
- Shallow fry the Nargisi koftas in hot oil until it is golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
For the Gravy :
- In a large non-stick pan/Khadhai add oil at medium heat, add cinnamon stick, cardamom, black peppercorns, cloves and caraway seeds Let it splutter and fry.
- Add onion paste and fry till it turns brown colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder, tomato puree and fry for 8-9 minutes or until oil floats on top.
- Add beaten Yoghurt, Almond/Cashew paste, salt to taste, Nargisi koftas and mix gently.
- Add 1.5 cup water and bring the gravy to a boil on high heat.
- Leave it to simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes or until oil appears on surface and Koftas are done.
- Cut fried Nargisi kofta into Half and serve with gravy.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and chopped almonds/cashews .
- Serve with Naan/Roti/Rice.
Note :- You can also serve Deep Fried Nargisi Kofta as a starter without the Gravy. Sprinkle some Chaat masala and serve with sliced Lemon.