For the Crust
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs (from about 20 Oreos)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted at room temperature
For the Filling
- 500 gm cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 ml chilled whipped cream
- 8-10 Oreo chopped pieces
- Additional Oreo crumbs for the topping, optional
- Crumble Oreo cookies with a rolling pin and break them until sand like texture.
- Combine Oreo crumbs (for crust) with melted butter until it resemble a wet sand.
- Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan with a spatula.
- Set in refrigerator to for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Mix cream cheese(at room temperature), sugar and vanilla essence together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Gently add in chilled whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture.
- Add chopped Oreo pieces and gently mix until well combined.
- Remove the crust pan from the refrigerator.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Top with additional Oreo crumbs, if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 5-6 hours or preferably overnight until firm.
Note for whipping cream:– Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the whipping cream for 4-5 minutes, until it doubles in volume and peak form. Set it aside in the fridge to chill.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)