Onion Rava Dosa is a very famous breakfast recipe which is one of the main dishes in South India. You can eat it with coconut sauce and sambhar. You can also use buttermilk at the place of water in the dosa batter which increasesthe taste and adds a milk flavour
- Rava – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Whole black pepper -1 spoon
- Onions, finely chopped-1
- Green chilli-1
- Straw leaf – 1 bunch
- salt to taste
- Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Prepare the mixture of semolina, rice powder, salt together in a bowl. Then add 4 cups of water to it and make a solution.
- Then add finely chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, black pepper seeds and stiff leaves in this mixture and mix well. If the mixture is not thin then add more water to it.
- Now heat the frying pan, sprinkle little water in it. When water is dried, put a thin layer of batter mixture in it and run it in the circular motion. If you have a little hole in the middle of the dosa, then fill it.
- Now sprinkle the chopped onion and sprinkle some oil over the dosa and on top of it.
- Cook the dosa on low flame. Dosa does not need to be overturned.
- Serve the dosa with coconut cchutney and sambar.