Spinach Dhokla, made in two colors, is very nutritious and delicious Dhokla, the steamed Spinach or palak Dhokla can be eaten in the morning snack or in the evening with light wholesome appetite.
Essential Material – Ingredients for Palak Dhokla Recipe
- Semolina – 3/4 cups (150 grams)
- Besan – 3/4 cups (100 grams)
- Spinach Puree – 3/4 cups
- Curd – 1 1/4 cup yogurt (300 grams)
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Green Chillies – 2 Finely Chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch piece grated or 1 tablespoon paste
- Lime juice – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1.25 teaspoon
- Eco Fruit Salt – 1.5 teaspoons
- Curry Leaf – 10-12 leaves
- Rye – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2- 3 Cut in length
- Sesame – 2 teaspoons
Method – How to make Palak Dhokla Recipe
- To make spinach puree, take 250 grams of spinach, remove the thick stems, wash it to clean, keep it in the sieve, and after drying the water, make the paste putting the spinach with the mixer.
- In a bowl add 3/4 cup curd then add the spinach puree you prepared, add semoline, add the chopped Green chilis, grated ginger, Salt to taste, 2tbsp of Oil and 2tbsp of Lemon Juice.It’s optional. As you can add it or leave it . Cover the mixture for 15 minutes and the semolina will be ready.
- Take half a cup of curd in the second bowl, add gram flour in curd and stir until it turns out smoothly. Add green chilli, ginger and half teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice; Mix a little 1-2 tablespoon water, if the mixture is thick, Cover it for 15 minutes.
- Take a vessel to cook the dhokla, which comes easily inside any other large utensil
- In the small vessel, add some oil in the vessel, and grease it with oil around it.
- Add half packet of Eno in the spinach mixture and mix it, the mixture starts to bloom in size, put the mixture in the pot and put it in a pan.
- Add the remaining Eno in the gram flour mixture, mix it lightly, stir the mixture uniformly with the spinach mixture.
- Now add 2 – 2 1/2 cup water to the large vessel, Start boiling it, after 5minutes, Bring the small vessel that has the dhokla mixture filled in it and put it inside the large vessel, and cover the big utensil with any such utensil Keep it covered well, let the dhokla cook on a fast and medium fire for 20 minutes.
- To check the dhokla, check knife inside the Dhokla and see if the knife is getting clean then the dhokla is ready, if the wet mixture is sticking to the knife, then the Dhokla needs to be cooked further.
After the dhokla is cooked, take out the vessel from the big utensil and after cooling for 10 minutes, separate the dhokla from the edges of the vessel with the help of a knife, by placing a plate over the vessel, reverse the pot, and the vessel Cover the top, cover the plate with the dhokla utensil.
- Cut the Dhokla into a piece of your favorite shape with a knife. Put oil in small pan for tempering, add mustard seeds, put the curry leaves in the oil, add green chillies and sesame seeds, fry a little and add a little over the spoon to the dhokla.
- Serve and eat spinach dhokla with green coriander sauce, tomato sauce or your favorite sauce.
Tips and Hacks:
- The mixture of Dhokla should not be too thin or too thick.
- The Dhokla can be cooked in a cooker by keeping a vessel like this; If the Dhokla is cooked in the cooker then make sure the cooker don’t whistle.Cook it in lowest flame.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)