Paneer Tikka is a popular tandoori starter recipe which can be easily made at home. We are sharing the Step by Step method with you to make Paneer Tikka which you will definitely like.If you have an oven, then you can make this dish in oven too.
Ingredients or masalas needed to prepare Paneer tikka:
- Paneer – 250 grams (chopped into chakra piece)
- Capsicum – 1 cup (chopped into a chakra piece)
- Onions – 1 cup (chopped in chakra piece)
- Vada Yoghurt – 200 gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Table Spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 spoon
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – ½ spoon
- Roasted gram flour – 3 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder – ½ spoon
- Lemon juice – ½ spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 spoon
- Kasuri Fenugreek – ¼ spoon (dried and crushed)
- Garam Masala – ½ spoon
- Salt – according to taste
- Sugar – ¼ spoon
- Mustard oil – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 2 table spoon (optional)
Method of making paneer tikka:
Cut the paneer into square shape. Cut the Vegetables (capsicum, onion) into square shapes also. Keep the chopped vegetables and cheese on one side.
Method of marinating:
- Take a curd in a large bowl and keep it running till it becomes smooth.
- Now add roasted gram flour, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder,black pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, sugar, curry fenugreek, butter to the curd and mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil until it starts to boil and then add the mustard oil to the marinate the marinade.
- Add Paneer cubes, vegetables into the marinated and mix it well.
- Cover the utensil and keep it in the fridge for atleast 4 hours or more.
Final Cooking of Paneer Tikka
- Heat a tawa on medium flame and put one spoon oil and a spoonful butter.
- Now bring the marinated spicy cottage cheese and vegetables and fry it on tawa on a low flame.
- When one side of the paneers become golden brown then trun the other side and repeat the same as above.If paneer cubes fries faster then remove it from the tawa before vegetables.
- If you want you can even deep fry the oil until paneer cubes are golden and deep fry.
- Now get them out on the plate.then put fried cheese cubes and vegetables on a skewer/toothpick.
- Now your Paneer tikka is ready. Serve the paneer tikka on a plate and sprinkle some chat masala on the paneer tikka.
- Serve this tasty paneer tikka with mint mango coconut chutney or any other sauce.