This is a typical Argentine preparation. Since I can remember, my grandmother prepared it and today I am lucky to have an excellent recipe from Valeria. It is a quince cake, which is known as pasta frola. It is important that we use a good sweet quince with dark tonality and good acidity. Here I left you the recipe.
For the mass
- 300 gr of flour
- 100 gr of cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 gr of butter
- 1 teaspoon of impeller (Royal powder)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
For the filling
- 500 gr of quince jam
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl . We make a hole in the center and incorporate the rest of the ingredients and then mix with the tips of the fingers.
- We add the water, remember that the water is just a trickle, which will help us make the dough easier to handle. We knead until we achieve a homogeneous mass.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the quince into small cubes and place in a saucepan. Just add the wine and bring to medium heat.
- Mix until the quince is well creamy.
- The dough is very easy to work, we just have to cut small pieces of dough and spread them with your hands all over the base of the mold.
- We just have to take the frola pasta out of the oven and have the patience until it cools and then tell me what you think.