Peanuts and Tamarind Chutney without Coconut goes well with idli, dosa. Tamarind gives a slightly tangy taste to the chutney as peanuts gives a sweet taste.
- Peanuts 1/2 Cup
- Green Chillies 1 (optional)
- Green Coriander(Hara Dhaniya) 2 tbsp
- Tamarind pulp 1 tbsp heaped
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
To temper :
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal 1 tbsp
- Dry whole Red chillies 2
- Curry leaves 4-5
- Asafoetida (Hing) a pinch
- Dry Roast Peanuts until aromatic.
- Add Peanuts, hara dhaniya, green chillies, tamarind and salt in a grinder.
- Grind to a fine paste adding water as needed.
- Heat oil add Urad dal and fry until light brown now add whole red chillies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Fry till mustard seeds splutter.
- Add this tempering to the chutney mix well.
- Serve with Idli/Dosa.
Note :- you can add water to the chutney as per desired consistency.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)