- Chicken 1 kg (boneless or with bones)
- Raw onion paste 1.5 cup
- Beaten Yogurt 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Dessicated coconut 3-4 tbsp (ground to paste with water) or cashew nut paste
- Cinnamon (dalchini) 1 inch piece
- Green cardamom (choti elaichi) 5-6
- Black cardamom (badi elaichi) 1
- Bay leaf (tej patta) 1
- cumin powder (zeera powder) 1 tsp
- Black pepper (freshly crushed) 2 tsp + 1 tsp for marination
- Green chillies 3 – 5 (whole slit )
- Fresh coriander leaves 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Fresh Cream 1/4 cup
- Fresh Cream 2 – 3 tbsp for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Oil 5-6 tbsp
- Butter 4 tbsp
- water 2 cups
- Marinate the chicken in ginger garlic paste, salt to taste and 1 tsp black pepper for 2 – 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil and butter in the kadhai/ Pan. Add the bay leaf, cinnamon and the cardamoms and fry for a minute on low flame.
- Add the onion paste to the oil. Add a pinch of salt and sauté till the onion paste turns light brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes till chicken turns white colour.
- Add the coconut paste/cashew nut paste and continue to sauté till the mixture releases oil.
- Add the yogurt, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt to taste Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook on low flame for 15-20 min, or until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add fresh cream and green chillies. mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and fresh cream.
- Serve hot with steamed rice/Naan/Roti.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)