- 12 medium sized prawns
- 2 tbsp gram flour/ besan
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour(Maida) or Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 Tandoori Food colour
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp Dry mango powder (Amchoor powder)or lemon juice
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp oil, for marination
- Oil, for deep fry
- Peel and devein the prawns, wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- In a bowl, marinate the prawns with ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, Amchoor powder/lemon juice, salt and 1 tsp oil, keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add Rice flour, gram flour, yogurt, Carom seeds, chat masala and Tandoori food colour.
- Mix all the spices in the marinated prawns.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, maintain the temperature at medium high, to cook the prawns properly from inside.
- Fry the prawns in batches till they turn a golden brown color on both the sides.
- Serve Hot with Green chutney / Ketchup.
(Visited 62 times, 3 visits today)