Learn how to make Refreshing Chilled Falooda Recipe with Rabri and Ice Cream.
- Corn flour 1 cup
- Water 1 glass
For the Topping:
- Red jelly 1 packet (optional)
- Green jelly 1 packet (optional)
- Basil seeds(sabza) 2 tbsp soaked in water for 1 hour
- Milk 250 gm
- Sweetened Condensed milk 100 gm
- Sugar 4-5 tbsp adjust as per taste
- Pistachios and almonds 2 tbsp chopped (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream or any flavour of your choice ½ liter
- Rose syrup (Rooh afza) as required
- Ice as required (crushed)
To make the Jelly (Optional) :
- Follow the instructions on the packet.
- Cut the red and green jelly into cubes.
For the Falooda Rabri :
- In a saucepan boil the milk, add condensed milk and sugar.
- Mix well and turn the flame off after 6-7 minutes.
- Let it cool for sometime and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
For the Falooda Vermicelli :
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1 cup cold water.
- Pour this mixture into a non stick pan and allow to cook on a low flame.
- Continue stirring the corn flour mixture as it cooks.
- Stir it regularly and cook till it turns thick and translucent.
- Grease a sev maker or small hole sieve(chalni) and add the cooked cornflour mixture into it.
- Take the ice cold water into a big bowl.
- Close the sev Maker lid and start making the falooda vermicelli dropping them directly to the ice cold water.
- If using Sieve put the cornflour mixture in the sieve and press with your palm or a steel katori, dropping directly in ice cold water.
- Keep in the ice cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and use as required.
Assembling the Falooda :
- Take a falooda glass and add the prepared falooda vermicelli to the base.
- Add a few cubes of jelly followed by the crushed ice, Milk mixture, soaked basil seeds, a scoop of ice-cream and red syrup(optional).
- Garnish with the sliced almonds and pistachios and serve chilled.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)