For The Ragda
- 1 cup safed vatana (dried white peas)/ Hara Vatana (dried green peas)/kabuli chana (dried chickpeas)
- 2 boiled potatoes , cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp/ tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- For The Tempering (for The Ragda) :
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp oil
For The Patties :
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (hara dhaniya)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
To Serve :
- Green chutney as required
- Sweet tamarind chutney as required
- 1 cup nylon sev (thin sev)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- Chaat masala as required
For the ragda
- Soak the dried peas overnight.
- Drain, add approximately 3 to 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until the peas turn tender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and stir till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger-green chilli paste, tamarind pulp and salt add 2 tbsp water and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Boiled Peas and water, mix well mashing the peas slightly with the back of a spoon so that the gravy becomes slightly thick.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and keep aside.
For the patties
- Boil, peel and grate the potatoes.
- Add the cornflour, cumin powder, chaat masala, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- If required add more cornflour for binding.
- Divide the potato mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Flatten to make round patty and keep aside.
- Shallow fry on a non-stick pan till the patties are golden brown and crisp.
How to Assemble
- For serving, place 2 patties on a plate and pour the ragda over.
- Top with green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle the sev and chopped onions, chopped fresh coriander, roasted peanuts and chaat masala on top.
- Serve hot.
Note :- you also add beaten yogurt on top of the ragda patties.
you can roll the Patties in bread crumbs before frying for crispy patties.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)