Shahi Paneer recipe-Delicious Shahi paneer(cottage cheese) cooked in creamy and rich gravy with mild spices.Most popular dish in restaurants for all occasions.
- 200 gms or 2 cups Paneer, cut into small cubes (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Cardamom powder a pinch
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek (kasuri methi)
- a pinch of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1 cup warm Milk (or cream)
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves(hara dhaniya) for garnish
- 3-4 tbsp oil/butter(preferably butter)
- Orange food colour a pinch (optional)
Grind to paste
- 2 onions medium sized
- 3 finely chopped Green Chilli
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
Grind to paste
- 8-10 Cashew nuts soaked in warm water
- 4-5 pieces paneer
- 3 tbsp warm milk
- Grind cashew nut with 4-5 pieces of paneer and some warm milk to fine paste.
- Grind onions, green chillies, garlic, ginger to a fine paste.
- Cut paneer into square piece and fry them in butter for few minutes on both sides.
- Keep them immersed in warm water until its usage.(This step is optional you can use Paneer cubes without frying)
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, green chilli, ginger paste and cinnamon.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until the onions start to turn transparent.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until the mixture is reduced to a mushy texture and oil starts to leave from the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the flame. Let it cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the entire mixture to a blender / grinder / food processor. Grind to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan, heat 2 Tablespoons of Oil and add the onion Tomato mixture to the oil.
- Add Cardamom powder.
- Let it cook for 6-9 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Cook till the mixture reduces and turns a bit dry and oil starts coming out from the sides.
- Add spices Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala powder, Tomato Suace, Black Pepper Powder, dried fenugreek, orange food colour, Salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Mix well and cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add fresh cream. Gently mix the cream into the paste to form a smooth gravy.
- Add the Paneer cubes. Mix well and leave on simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat garnish with coriander leaves, fresh cream and serve with Naan/Butter garlic Naan/Roti/Rice.
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)