Authentic Mutton Shami Kabab recipe, made with Meat and Bengal gram lentil cooked together mixed with Spices and shallow fried.
- Mutton boneless 1/2 kg
- Bengal gram lentil (chana dal) 1/4 cup
- Whole coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya) 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves(lasun) 6-7
- Ginger (adrak) 1 inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorn (kali mirch) 6-7
- Cinnamon stick (dalchini) 1 piece
- Whole red chilli (sabut lal mirch) 4 to 5
- Yogurt 1 tbsp (optional)
- Mint leaves (pudina) 1/4 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya) 1/4 cup chopped
- Green chillies 3 finely chopped
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Egg 1 slightly beaten
- Besan (gram flour) 1 tbsp
- In a pressure cooker add boneless meat, Bengal gram lentil, whole coriander seeds, garlic cloves, ginger, salt to taste, whole dry spices, whole red chilies and yogurt, mix well.
- Cook till the meat and Bengal gram are tender and the water is completely dry.
- Make sure their is no moisture left in the mutton mixture.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Grind meat mixture finely in a food processor.
- Add chopped mint, chopped coriander, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, lemon juice, egg and gram flour,mix well.
- Taste salt and adjust salt as per your taste.
- Apply oil on your palm and make round balls of mixture.
- Flatten and Shape it into a smooth flat round shape.
- Heat oil in a pan to shallow fry the kababs.
- Add 3-4 kababs at a time and fry on low heat to a crisp golden color from both the sides.
- Do not overcrowd. Fry in batches.
- Serve Hot with Green chutney/Ketchup.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)