- 1 litre Full fat milk
- 6-7 dry dates
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 200 gm Sweetened Condensed milk (Mithaimate/ Milkmaid)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vermicelli brown (sevaiyan)
- 5-6 tbsp pure ghee (clarified butter)
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1 cup dry fruits (almonds, pistachio and cashew)
- Soak Dry fruits in warm water for 3-4 hours, Peel off the skin of Almonds and pistachios.
- Slice cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- Spread on a tray and keep it under the sun for drying.
- Once it is completely dry you can store these in a air tight container.
- Soak dates in warm water for 3-4 hours or until they become soft to cut.
- Remove seeds and cut the dates into small pieces.
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring to boil keep on low flame for about 10-12 mins.
- Keep stirring the milk in between else it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add condensed milk and Dates, cook on low heat.
- In a separate pan, heat ghee, add vermicelli.
- Fry for some time until the vermicelli is light brown about 1-2 minutes.
- If you are using roasted vermicelli then also fry it to give flavour of ghee to the vermicelli.
- Add Dry fruits and fry until dry fruits turns light brown upto 2-3 mins.
- Keep stirring otherwise the vermicelli and dry fruits will burn.
- Add the vermicelli, and dry fruits to the boiling milk and cook for 6-7 mins
- Add sugar and cardamom (elaichi) powder cook for 4-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. (Adjust sugar according to taste if using sweetened condensed milk)
- Add saffron stir well and turn off the heat.
- Serve Hot or Cold.Both tastes Delicious.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)