- Basmati rice – 1 kg
- Prawn – 1 kg (head out)
- Onion – 2 big (sliced nicely)
- Green Chill – 10 – 15 nos ( or as per spicy you need you can increase or decrease numbers)
- Grind the green chilli .
- Tomato – 2 medium sized ( cut in small pieces)
- Ginger paste – 2 tbs
- Garlic paste – 2 tbs
- Yogurt ( curd) – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tbs
- Garam masala – 1 tbs
- Salt – as needed
- Coconut grated – 2 tbs
- Corriander powder – 2 tbs
- Jeera – 1 tsp
[ Grind coconut, jeerakam and Coriander powder well]
Coriander leaves – 1/2 of a bunch ( chopped nicely)
- Mint leaves – 1 small bunch ( chopped nicely)
- Curry leaves few
- Ghee – 1 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 big for frying ( nicely chopped)
- Raisins – few
- Cashew nuts – few
For cooking shrimp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – few.
For frying prawn
- Clean and wash prawn well and drain water well.
- Cook the prawn with the ingredients needed for cooking it. Just add a little water. I usually cook it in the cooker. So that it will get cooked fast and become soft.
- I recommend cooking like this. In cooker 4-5 whistle is enough. If there is some water left, don’t worry, you can add it to the masala when making masala.
- Then apply the frying masala to the cooked shrimp and keep it for 1/2 an hour.
- Then fry the shrimp. Don’t make it too crispy. Don’t leave the fried oil.
- You can add it to the biriyani masala, so that it can have more taste of shrimp.
- Take a frying pan and heat it. Add some ghee.
- Fry 1 onions in this ghee until it become brown crispy nature.
- Then fry cashew and raisin in the same ghee and keep aside.
Take a big pot and add the remaining ghee we used for frying onion and then remaining oil from prawn frying. Add more ghee if needed.
- Sauté chopped onion until it is soft.
- Add Green chilli, ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
- Then add tomatoes and saute. Add the coconut paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add yogurt, salt, coriander and mint leaves, curry leaves and saute well.
- Then add fried prawn and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes and add lemon juice.
- Stir well. Remove from flame. And add 1/2 tbs garam masala and mix well.
For cooking rice:
- Boil about 14 cups of water and add washed rice in it.
- Put some salt in the water.
- Boil until the rice is more than half cooked.
- Remove and thoroughly drain.
- Spread this rice over the prawn masala that is already made.
- Spread the remaining garam masala over the rice.
- Put the fried onion, raisin and cashew over the rice.
- Cover the pot well without allowing the steam to go out.
- Cook this for about half an hour in a low flame on a stove.(or) you can bake it in the oven at 350F for about half an hour.
- Baking degree may vary according to the oven.
- Remove from flame or oven after done.
- Open after half an hour. Mix masala and rice.
- Delicious prawn biriyani is ready.
- Serve it with curd and pickle.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)