- Tamarind/Imli – 1 small lemon size ball
- Dates (Khajur) – 15-16
- Jaggery (Gud)/Sugar– 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder(Zeera) – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Rock Salt/Kala Namak –1/2 tsp [optional]
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Water – as needed
- Chop dates and remove seeds, Add water and pressure cook dates for 2 whistles.
- Once cooked grind dates into smooth paste, use little water if required. Boil Tamarind in 1/4 cup water. Extract juice from cooked tamarind.
- In a pan add tamarind, dates paste and Add jaggery or sugar and bring it to boil.
- Add cumin, red chilli powder, rock salt, salt and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Once cool store in a airtight Container.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)